Personal defense sprays such as Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) is recognized within the Private Security Industry as tool, which when appropriately deployed, can aide security personnel when necessary regarding self-defense and controlling others by security personnel. This course is designed to instruct security personnel regarding safe and effective use of OC chemical defense sprays. The student will learn when defense sprays are appropriate, tactics of application, proper means of handling, and decontamination of those exposed including the obligation to assist persons affected by the deployment of OC using decontamination processes. The student instruction will include awareness training regarding the potential medical implications associated with the use of defense sprays.
At the end of this session the student will be able to demonstrate, outline and explain the:
- Effects produced by Oleoresin Capsicum – OC
- Stream Delivery System, advantages and disadvantages of same (list your agencies spray pattern here)
- Proper use of Oleoresin Capsicum
- Decontamination procedures
- Preventing Officer Contaminations!
- Warning signs which require Emergency Services
- Reporting Force